When I started writing this post, we had just lost our little dog last night at 1:30 in the morning. It was all of a sudden … just like that. Bunny was a 3.5 pound toy poodle and a bundle of love. She had a wonderful life for 14 years and WE HAD HER for 14 years. Blessings!
You might be thinking yes … but it was just a dog. But the truth is that any thing or anyone you really love for years creates a hole in your heart when they leave.
My wife lost both of her parents at age 18. I lost both of my parents and my step father later in life but there were still questions in my head like why, why them, why now?
I recently lost my best friend of 35 years. Burney was only 69 years old. As of this writing the life expectancy for a male in the United States is 78.54 years … so in my mind … this was NOT FAIR.
I used to work in a bank and a young female teller about 22 years old worked with us for about 6 months. I came into work one day to find out that she had died the previous afternoon while skydiving. Her parachute got stuck in a tree and when she released herself from the harness she fell and broke her neck. I thought about her parents and friends who would miss her. Her boyfriend was skydiving with her when it happened. He had jumped out of the airplane with her.
The questions when you hear something like this are usually along these lines: Why her? Why now? Can anyone explain this to me? This doesn’t make sense. She had so much to live for.
This BLOG cannot possibly cover all the subjects that this kind of conversation would entail but for now I would like to discuss a brief overview of what Seth teaches which is an extremely comforting frame of mind when something like this occurs. It doesn’t mitigate all of the pain but it can help us as individuals live with and accept what has happened a little more easily.
Here is the concept in a nutshell:
- All Life is eternal.
- God, or All That Is … IS … literally everything.
- All That Is … which is another way of saying … ALL Life Energy … is trying to completely know itself and to have every kind of possible experience.
- As part of All That Is, each atom, cell, molecule, organ, tree, cat and frog is alive with its own kind focus and has its own spirit or energy that is on a cosmic / everlasting quest of growth. Again, with the desire to manifest everything possible within its own kind of life focus and structure.
- Every kind of living existence has its own form of free will … making choices along the way within it’s own possibilities of existence.
- With Free Will comes infinite … unlimited possibilities. This makes God’s desire to experience EVERYTHING POSSIBLE … IMPOSSIBLE. This is because when a new choice of experience is chosen, (all stemming from free will and the ability to choose), the new possibilities available are again infinite in a completely new set of directions.
- The part of us that is the energy of life … the animating force of living … is our spirit or soul. This spirit has an everlasting existence. An always existence.
- Seth teaches that “You create your own reality” or said another way, “You make your own life”.
- Here is one that is not so easy to accept … however … Before we are born our spirit / soul chooses the circumstances to start our next reincarnation into physical existence. We choose our family and the situation in order to learn specific life lessons.
- Here is an important one for me: Seth teaches that when we die, it’s like walking into another room. It’s that simple.
The long and short of all of this: we each choose our own path in life and … EVERYTHING … according to Seth, we created.
Wait a minute, what about the guy who runs into my car on the freeway? I didn’t cause that!
Seth would say … yes … you did.
Well … damn.
As I said, we do not have space to cover this completely. If your are looking for more answers like I was … read “Seth Speaks” by Jane Roberts. As you read the Jane Roberts – Seth Books, there are 32 of them, you will see the quality and the breadth of these teachings.
Now … as part of our ability to choose, we each choose when we have gotten out of life what we wanted in order to assist us in our everlasting cosmic journey.
So when this happens, we leave current physical existence. We then can choose our next life situation with a new set of beginnings to overcome in our growth toward being all we can be … in a manner of speaking.
This is comforting to me because the knowledge that we never cease to exist means I do not have to be afraid of death.
We have been taught that we were created accidentally though a series of biological trial and error moves. Really? Does this really make sense? Accidental?
In physical existence we tend to identify with the body as “This is me” when in reality our spirit is using this current body as our mode of transportation while we are here … this time. This also comes from reincarnation concepts.
If you do not believe in reincarnation, that’s OK. At the same time, these concepts are very interesting and in the larger scheme of things, ask yourself this question: what if these ideas are true?
Further then, when we experience a trauma or an accident that is going to take us out, our spirit knows what is going on and WE (our spirit) LEAVE THE BODY. This saves us from actually experiencing the trauma. After all, why should we?
You know the stories of people who have had a near death experience right? Their comments are all very similar … “I felt myself floating above my body. I was looking down on my body and the people working on on it trying to bring me back”. In a near death experience obviously the person does come back because it was not there time to go.
Well … what if when we do die … our spirit, our livingness, feels like it is walking into another room? What if it’s actually that smooth?
Why should we want to believe this? Because it is elegant and here is what I mean. Let’s say YOU ARE designing the Universe. Assume that this Universe is made up of your own energy, since you are the designer and builder here. So… now… why would you want life to be suffering?
You may be saying to yourself: “Oh … but life is suffering”.
Is it Life that is suffering or … is suffering the result of our own choices?
Damn, not this again! Please … don’t tell me that I make my own life.
Yes … this is what I am saying.
So … think on these important ideas:
God Is Love … There is no such thing as evil. The are only choices that some people or groups of people make that we define as evil. We are here because of God’s love. We are created in love. The Universe / God / All That Is … is always leaning in our favor. God wants each one of us to succeed, to be happy, to prosper. Our choices create our behaviors and our behaviors create or life. It’s that simple.
What about the guy who ran into me on the freeway though?
Well, Seth teaches that we attract the accident for whatever reason and it’s our responsibility to discover the reason for each event that occurs in our lives. This is how we grow. This is where the phrase, “There is a hidden silver lining in every situation, we just have to look for it”.
So … if you have lost someone you love, a family member or a close friend, you can know that Barbara and I are sending as much heartfelt love and comfort as possible to you.
This is our mindset when we loose anyone in our lives:
We still feel the pain of loss of course.
AND YET… Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Friend or Pet.
The way we look at it is this: We are grateful for every minute we had with one of these living energies / living personalities in our lives.
I’m jus’ sayin’ … Russell